Three battles in the soul of the Christian:
- Law vs. Sin
- Desire vs. Ability
- Law vs. Law
So then, who will set me free?
The People of God walk in righteousness
- As citizens of Heaven
- For the sake of their own soul
- For the sake of their neighbor's soul
Truth statement: If we are joined to Christ, we are no longer bound by the law.
- An Illustration: Marriage (v.1-3)
- The Example: Christians (v.4-6)
In difficult seasons, God's people can trust:
Freedom in slavery is captured in a contrast:
- We Were Once Slaves to Sin
- We Are Slaves to God
God’s reason and our response to being alive in Christ.